The 2nd annual LRWA Awards & Gala event took place at the spectacular Titanic Hotel in Liverpool on Wednesday 7th November 2018.
LRWA members including liquid waterproofing manufacturers, contractors and suppliers to the liquid industry, once again attended with guests to recognise the quality, professionalism and the finest workmanship and dedication in one of the fastest growing sectors of the UK roofing industry.
A total of six liquid roofing and waterproofing champions were crowned at the event, which attracted 230 people from across the industry.
Each project winner was selected by an independent panel, including specifiers and technical experts, with projects judged against strict criteria, including complexity, standard of workmanship, evidence of problem solving and aesthetics.
Sarah Spink, CEO of the LRWA
“The event proved to be another great success, shining the spotlight on the huge amount of talent across the liquid roofing industry.
“Involved in projects ranging from impressive new builds through to the refurbishment of historic properties, the awards reflect the growing strength, diversity and skills of the sector.
“We would like to thank our sponsors for supporting the event and congratulate the winners and all those that made the final. The competition was exceptionally strong this year, setting the bar even higher for next year.
“We look forward to hosting the event again in 2019, which is set to be even more memorable as will coincide with the LRWA’s 40th anniversary.”
The Winners And Finalists For 2018
Student of the Year
Trainer of the Year
- Ray McCarten – Polyroof Products
- Shane Copestake – Triflex
Liquid Roofing Project of the Year Under 1000m2
- Centaur Technologies & Roofclad Systems – Balliol House
- Sika Liquid Plastics & Midland Roofing – National Space Centre
- Polyroof Products & Williams Roofing Contractors Ltd – Slowhill Copse Water Treatment Works
- Sika Liquid Plastics & Ploughcroft – Willows After School Club
Liquid Roofing Project of the Year Over 1000m2
- Tor Coatings & Topek Construction Ltd – Benson House
- Sika Liquid Plastics & Absolute Roofing Solutions Ltd – Birmingham Law Courts
- Makers & Sika Liquid Plastics – Merryhill Shopping Centre
- Sika Liquid Plastics & Mars Construct – Poulton Lancelyn Primary School
Liquid Roofing Project of the Year in a Buried Application
- Kemper System & Noble House – Beaufort Park – St George
- Kemper System & Liquid Waterproofing – Sun Rain Room
- Bauder & The Complete Roofing Company – Belvedere Court
- Bauder & Briggs Amasco – Marischal Square
Liquid Waterproofing Project of the Year
- Kemper System & K Pendlebury & Sons – Museum of Liverpool
- Kemper System & Deebee Ltd – Ross Fountain
- IKO & Monarch Roofing – Cheltenham Racecourse
- Makers & Triflex – Intu Victoria Shopping Centre Car Park
Thanks to all those companies who sponsored the 2018 Awards
Take a look back at last year’s event…