South and South East England
Our Applications Team for Liquid Applied Roofing Membranes has an exciting open position for a Field Technician. This is a field based role to cover Southern England (including South and South/East Counties). This role offers a fantastic opportunity to support the application of our products within the roofing sector for the Sika Liquid Plastics Brand. Sika Field Technicians are specialists in providing technical support for our liquid membrane systems and their application. This is a key role in supporting the Roofing Target market and its future success and growth within the UK. In the UK, Sika have offices in Welwyn Garden City, Preston, and Leeds that you will visit from time to time for training, meetings, and customer events.
Sika manufacture and develop a range of quality, industrial and commercial solutions for the construction sector.
Click here to learn more
Our Field Technicians impart technical and system knowledge about liquid membranes, supporting the roll-out activities of liquid membranes and assist in securing and further developing best practice for the application technology for liquid membranes. They are fully knowledgeable in the choice and efficiency offered by the Sika product range with the aim to achieve support through excellent customer service and care within liquid applied roofing sector.
• Conduct and submit site investigation reports through to line manager following an inspection with Contractor/ general field site visit.
• Ensure & provide regular communication, both verbally and written, with the following : National Application Field Manager, Head of Applications, Field Technicians, Applications Training Department and Administrator, Sales Force, Technical Services, SOP, Office Staff, R&D.
• Establish and maintain effective communication with internal and external contacts and liaise frequently with the office to ensure that QA contractor ID cards are kept up to date.
• Provide support and training for the following: QA Contractors, Trained Contractors working towards QA status, Specialist Contractors, Field Technicians, Training Team, ATM support, Internal staff, Clients, Research & Development and claims analysis.
• Support roll out activities of Liquid Membranes, assist in promoting new business ideas, trials, product development, and product trial work in conjunction with the Application function.
• Comply with all policy and procedures of the company and to help grow the product range and help product development, keeping up to date with Sika LP Product range and application techniques and those of competitors within the Liquid Applied Roofing Membrane market place.
• Provide weekly movements through the Sika data base; submit expenses and mileage on a monthly basis along with receipts in line with company policy.
• Keep up-to-date with the competition and your own professional and personal development.
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who:
• Has at least 5 years’ experience of practical roofing application and installation with experience of practical liquid membrane application and installation and practical experience of felt, SPM or other areas within the roofing sector.
• Recognises interpersonal dynamics and their effect on building and maintaining relationships.
• Leads by example and works with the Applications Team and all other support functions.
• Excellent communicator, proficient report writer with the ability to deliver practical demonstrations.
• Looks to solve problems and find solutions.
• Self-motivated, resilient, and self-reliant with the ability to build strong relationships with different kinds of people.