Terms and Conditions
Categories that are open for entries and judged by a panel of independent construction professionals with guidance from trade association experts:
- Liquid Roofing Project of the Year >1000m2
- Liquid Roofing Project of the Year <1000m2
- Liquid Roofing Project of the Year in a Buried Application (eg inverted roofs, green roofs etc) – NEW Category
- Liquid Waterproofing Project of the Year Award (eg. Car parks, bridges, balconies, walls, etc)
Closed categories that are nominated and awarded by the association:
- Trainer of the Year
- Student of the Year
- Special Contribution to the Liquid Roofing and Waterproofing Industry
All winners will be announced and presented with awards on 7th November.
Closing Date – 14th September 2018. Please note: There will be no deadline extension to this date.
Why should I enter?
The LRWA Awards recognise the quality, professionalism, the finest workmanship and dedication to one of the fastest growing sectors of the roofing industry. Applications can be made by any LRWA member for a project completed using a Manufacturer Member’s product, reasons to enter include:
- Secure a competitive edge over your peers
- Be recognised for outstanding projects or achievements in liquid roofing & waterproofing
- Get free PR in industry newsletters, publications and on social media
- Benchmark your work against the competition
- Raise your company profile
Please remember the quality of photographs is vital to the success of your entry
Rules of Entry
- The LRWA Awards are free to enter.
- Entries must be submitted by Friday 14th September 2018.
- Entries must be submitted using the LRWA awards entry form.
- Applications will only be accepted if made by an LRWA member.
- If an application is made by a LRWA manufacturer member, the contractor must be a manufacturer Approved Contractor. If they are not also a LRWA member, the contractor from any winning project in any category will be offered LRWA membership free for the first year.
- All entries should be for a project with a completion date between 15th September 2017 and 31st August 2018.
- No previous project entries will be considered.
- Project locations must be within the United Kingdom or Eire.
- You may enter more than one project but each project must be a separate submission.
- You can re-submit your entry for the Roofing Awards to the LRWA to be considered for a category if completed in the period as stated above.
- The entries for the open categories are judged by a panel of independent construction professionals with guidance from trade association experts. The decision of the short-listing experts and the judges is final and no further correspondence will be entered into. Short-listed companies will be notified in week commencing 24th September 2018.
- More information may be requested from companies that are short-listed in each category.
- Clear, good quality photography is an absolute must for any LRWA Awards entry. The images that you select are used by the judges to get a better understanding of the project (such as scale and workmanship). They are also used as a means to back up the written aspect of the entry, so if you talk about the vast scale of the project then consider including an aerial shot.
- Please provide a good selection of high resolution photos, – before, after and work in progress, including close up and detailed shots of the roof).
- Photographs must be electronic and include the name of the project in the file name – minimum resolution 300dpi – for the entry to progress.
- All photographs submitted must be clear of copyright.
Each submitted project will be judged without the details of the contractor or manufacturer being revealed to the panel. The project is judged on merit alone and based on information supplied on the entry form. There will be four main criteria that each project will be awarded marks on:
- Degree of difficulty – complexity of details
- Workmanship – standard achieved
- Problem solving – coping with the constraints of the project and or client
- Aesthetics – visual impact, appearance