Finalists Revealed for the LRWA Awards 2018
The finalists for the 2018 Liquid Roofing and Waterproofing Association (LRWA) Awards have been announced. Now in their second year, the awards attracted a bumper amount of entries with 50 per cent more submissions compared to 2017.
A panel of independent judges, including specifiers and technical experts, drew up the shortlist based on strict criteria, including project complexity, standard of workmanship, evidence of problem solving and aesthetics.
The 20 finalists span four categories, including Liquid Roofing Project of the Year under 1,000 sq m, Liquid Roofing Project of the Year over 1,000 sq m, Liquid Roofing Project of the Year in a Buried Application, and Liquid Waterproofing Project of the Year.
Three individuals are also in the running to be crowned Trainer of the Year.
Sarah Spink, CEO of the LRWA commented: “We were overwhelmed by the number of entries this year and the quality. It was fantastic to see such a diverse range of projects which showcase different technologies, the versatility of liquids, and the skills of roofing contractors across the UK.
“As the standard was exceptionally high, the judges had a huge task on their hands creating the shortlist, but have followed a stringent marking process to pick out the cream of the crop.
“All those shortlisted should be very proud of their achievement so far and we wish them all the best of luck.”
The winners will be announced at the LRWA Awards and Gala Dinner 2018 on 7th November 2018, which is taking place at the luxury Titanic hotel in Liverpool’s Stanley Dock.
Westwood Liquid Technologies is the headline sponsor for the event, which is on target to attract more than 200 guests and will showcase the outstanding workmanship and technical excellence across the fastest growing sector in the flat roofing market.
The finalists for the 2018 LRWA awards are:
Liquid Roofing Project of the Year <1000m2:
• Balliol House: Centaur Technologies & Roofclad Systems
• National Space Centre: Sika Liquid Plastics & Midland Roofing
• Slowhill Copse Water Treatment Works: Polyroof Products & Williams Roofing Contractors Limited
• Willows After School Club: Sika Liquid Plastics & Ploughcroft
• Woodholm: Polyroof Products & L K Roofing Ltd
Liquid Roofing Project of the Year >1000m2:
• Benson House: Tor Coatings & Topek Construction Ltd
• Birmingham Law Courts: Sika Liquid Plastics & Absolute Roofing Solutions Ltd
• Kew Gardens: Tor Coatings & Full Metal Jacket
• Merryhill Shopping Centre: Makers & Sika Liquid Plastics
• Poulton Lancelyn Primary School: Sika Liquid Plastics & Mars Construct
Liquid Roofing Project of the Year in a Buried Application:
• Belvedere Court: Bauder & The Complete Roofing Company
• Beaufort Park: Kemper System & Noble House
• The Flower Bowl: Sika Liquid Plastics & W Hughes and Sons
• Marischal Square: Bauder & Briggs Amasco
• Sun Rain Room: Kemper System & Liquid Waterproofing Ltd
Liquid Waterproofing Project of the Year:
• 44-54 Onslow Square: WestWood Liquid Technologies & London Seamless Flat Roofing
• Cheltenham Racecourse: IKO & Monarch Roofing
• Intu Victoria Shopping Centre Car Park: Makers & Triflex
• Museum of Liverpool : Kemper System & K Pendlebury & Sons
• Ross Fountain: Kemper System & DeeBee Ltd
Trainer of the Year:
• Shane Copestake – Triflex
• Mark Monk – Sika Liquid Plastics
• Ray McCarten – Polyroof
The winner of the Student of the Year category will be announced on the 7th November.