The 3rd annual LRWA Awards & Gala event took place at the spectacular Titanic Hotel in Liverpool on Wednesday 6th November 2019.
More than 300 people attended the sell-out event, to celebrate the outstanding workmanship and technical excellence across the liquid roofing and waterproofing sector.
The winning projects were selected from five finalists in four main categories, including Liquid Roofing Project of the Year under 1000m2, Liquid Roofing Project of the Year over 1000m2, Liquid Roofing Project of the Year in a Buried Application, and Liquid Waterproofing Project of the Year.
There were also awards for talented individuals such as Trainer of the Year, Student of the Year and a Special Recognition Award was also presented to Chris Bussens, for his contribution to the liquid roofing and waterproofing industry.
Sarah Spink, CEO of the LRWA
“In our 40th anniversary year, it was fantastic to see such an incredible turnout at the event and to celebrate truly exceptional projects and people. “The winners are a clear reflection of how much the liquid roofing and waterproofing industry has grown in recent years. Spanning a vast range of sectors, the projects demonstrate how liquids can be effectively used in some of the most challenging environments as well as the impressive skills of contractors working right across the UK.”
We look forward to hosting the event again in 2020!
Take a look at the official photographs from the event…
The Winners And Finalists For 2019
Student of the Year
Trainer of the Year
- Will Russell – Moy Materials
- Steve Mercer – Filon
Liquid Roofing Project of the Year Under 1000m2
- Bauder and Breyer Group – Basildon & Thurrock Hospital
- WestWood Liquid Technologies & Thornton Roofing – Belfast Rapid Transit
- Kemper System & All Angles Roofing – Stansted House
- WestWood Liquid Technologies & Premier Roofing & Construction – Duke of York Square Restaurant
Liquid Roofing Project of the Year Over 1000m2
- Sika Liquid Plastics & Everlast Rail – Aberdeen Railway Station
- Kemper System & Capital Roofing – ADM Erith
- Centaur Technologies & Gables UK – Fleetwood Hospital
- Sika Liquid Plastics & Orchard Roofing & Building – Hull Interchange Station
Liquid Roofing Project of the Year in a Buried Application
- Mars Construct & Tor Coatings – 80 George Street
- Moy Materials & Plan Construction Solutions – Holbrook House
- Kemper System & Exterior HomeCare – Chapter House
- Moy Materials & Plan Construction Solutions – Hangar Lane
Liquid Waterproofing Project of the Year
- Makers Construction & Sika – Coptfold Road Multi-storey Car Park
- Axter & AMG Waterproofing – 99 High Street Kensington
- Polyroof & Emperor Roofing – Queens Crescent
- Mars Construct & Sika Liquid Plastics – Sun Pavilion
Honorary Award – Special Contribution to the Liquid Roofing & Waterproofing Industry