The 5th annual LRWA Awards & Gala event took place at the spectacular Titanic Hotel in Liverpool on Wednesday 22nd March 2023.
More than 320 people attended the sell-out event, to celebrate the outstanding workmanship and technical excellence across the liquid roofing and waterproofing sector.
The winning projects were selected from five finalists in four main categories, including Liquid Roofing Project of the Year under 1000m2, Liquid Roofing Project of the Year over 1000m2, Liquid Roofing Project of the Year in a Buried Application, and Liquid Waterproofing Project of the Year.
There were also awards for talented individuals such as Trainer of the Year, Student of the Year and a Special Recognition Award was also presented to Terry Wain, for his contribution to the liquid roofing and waterproofing industry.
Sarah Spink, CEO of the LRWA said
“This year we celebrate our fifth LRWA Awards event and the standard of projects continue to exceed all expectations. The judges’ feedback confirmed what a tough task they had on their hands, which is why we introduced a highly commended winner for each of the project categories.
The entries showed an inspiring level of workmanship and how contractors have overcome some monumental challenges on site. They also demonstrated the strength of our sector and how the versatility and durability of liquids is helping to create amazing projects across the country. The standard of projects and the liquid market today is beyond recognition from when we first launched the awards in 2017, as our sector continues to grow in strength.
With such strong competition this year, all those nominated should be very proud of their achievement. We’d like to congratulate all those who received an award or who were highly commended, and thank our sponsors for supporting another hugely successful event.”
Take a look at the official photographs from the event…
The Winners And Finalists For 2023
Student of the Year
Trainer of the Year
- Graham Hindes – Westwood Liquid Technologies
- George Smith – Kingspan Insulation
- Adam Grebby – Axter
Liquid Roofing Project of the Year Under 1000m2
- Radio City Tower, Liverpool: Proteus Waterproofing and Orb Rope Access Ltd
- Netherdale Stand – Kemper Systems & Concrete Repairs Ltd
- Princes Street, Edinburgh: Moy & Roof Linings and Cladding
- Walter Halls Primary School: Triflex & NRA Roofing & Flooring Services Ltd
- Winslade House, Centrica: WestWood Liquid Technologies & Progressive Coatings Ltd
Liquid Roofing Project of the Year Over 1000m2
- Host Helix Student Accommodation: Polyroof & Tower Asphalt Ltd
- Main Stand, Cheltenham Racecourse: Makers Construction Ltd & Polyroof
- Kings Court: WestWood Liquid Technologies & Protec Roofing
- GSK, Maidenhead: Sika & Mitie Roofing
- Hays Galleria: Proteus Waterproofing & Millane Contract Services
Liquid Roofing Project of the Year in a Buried Application
- Le Clos Mourant Social Housing: Triflex & Rateavon Jersey Ltd
- Amazon, Swindon: IKO & Briggs Amasco
- Great Western Hospital: IKO & Central Roofing South Wales Ltd
- Porteus Place: Proteus Waterproofing & Millane Contract Services
- Wellington Close: Moy & Plan Construction Services Ltd
Liquid Waterproofing Project of the Year
- Ikea Car Park, Reading: Makers Construction & Triflex
- Middlesborough Multi Storey Car Park: Makers Construction & Triflex
- Durham Railway Station Walkway: WestWood Liquid Technologies and Everlast Rail
- Rhondda Heritage Park Terrace: Polyroof & RM Polymers Ltd
- Tesco Car Park, Chester: WestWood Liquid Technologies & Mulberry GBC Ltd
Honorary Award – Special Contribution to the Liquid Roofing & Waterproofing Industry