The Field Technician will offer technical support to Moy’s approved contractors and extended
customer base including, but not limited to surveyors, architects, main contractors, local councils
This will include site visitation to assess pre-contract, during contract and post completion
conditions. Technical support may be given in the form of verbal communication, written reports or
training either on site or at a Moy training centre.
The Field Technician will work closely with the Area Technical Manager’s and Regional Sales Team
Manager and directly report to the Technical Manager for the UK.
The Field technician will communicate with the Moy approved contractors and clients to ensure the
waterproofing systems and components are being installed as per the specification and standards.
Where upskilling is required you will offer the necessary training to the contractor and carry this out
as per Moy recommendations.
The role will involve communication and collaboration with the Area Technical Managers, within the
• Offer technical support to all contractors and clients.
• Carry out training /upskilling where required.
• Assist the Area Technical Manager with surveys and core sampling.
• Ensure the projects are installed to the specification and correct standard required to receive a guarantee.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supporting the sales team with technical promotion of our complete range of products to Architects, Specifiers, Engineers, Building Surveyors and Roofing Contractors.
• Manage the upkeep of site reporting within the companies CRM system.
• Completing Roof Condition Surveys and regular in progress site inspections. Issuing full accurate reports to relevant contractors and Area Technical Managers on time
• Attend Prestart and progress meetings on major projects.
• Perform customer installation training, product launch demonstrations and general technical demonstrations at trade shows.
• Perform staff training on the installation of existing and new product ranges.
• As part of team, input and communication to review the sales and technical support activity as an asset to grow market share.
• Report weekly activity to the Technical Manager UK.
• Communicate with and arrange to meet contractors for joint site inspections.
You will be required to be flexible in this position and must be prepared to undertake such other
work as may be assigned to you by the Company from time to time.
• Full UK driving license.
• Good communication and understanding of geographical area to be covered.
• Diary planning, arrangement and good time keeping.
• Knowledge of Roofing systems including Single Ply membranes, RBM, Liquid & Hot Melt.
• Must be able to read and understand specifications and conditions reports.
• Must be able to write reports, insert photography and use Word Document software.
• Must be able to communicate via email and telephone.
Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as maybe required