Product & Specification Manager
We are excited to be able to offer a fantastic opportunity to join our team and play a key role in the growth and development of our business.
StructureCare are part of the CPG Europe family www.cpg-europe.com which includes other well-known brands including Tremco, Flowcrete, Illbruck, Nullifire, Vandex and Dryvit. StructureCare are CPG’s Specialist in-house contractor who provide specialist contracting activities, focussed on the Repair, Maintenance, Protection and Weatherproofing of Buildings and Structures, using Tremco CPG Products and Systems.
This opportunity offers significant potential for growth working as part of a dynamic and driven team, working primarily with Tremco CPG systems, but also having access to the wider portfolio of RPM International businesses, products, systems, people and support.
The Person – To be successful in the role we are looking for a person who:
– Has a passion for Liquid Roofing and Waterproofing, as well as proven knowledge and a track record in the UK industry.
– Has a well-founded level of knowledge of the Liquid Roofing and Waterproofing market sector, and have existing relationships with customers, systems, contractors, and influencers.
– Can demonstrate experience and competence having worked in a similar role as a Product or Technical Specification Manager.
– Has a sound technical understanding of known products and systems, but also be willing to learn and develop new systems or variants.
– Has experience in the development of products and systems, plus certification of the same through BBA or similar.
– Has experience in the creation of Specifications through NBS, BIM or other means.
Duties and Responsibilities – will include:
– To collaborate with the business to understand current products and systems, while also working in close collaboration with the Tremco Roofing and Building Maintenance business in the US, work to understand and embrace their products and systems and bring their success to the UK market.
– Provide support and collaborate with the business to improve what we do, driven by customer needs and market opportunities.
– Through collaboration internally and externally create and develop specifications, working with Architects, Clients, Building Surveyors and Technical Experts to create opportunity for the business.
– Gather market intelligence to identify growth opportunities for the business, investigating and reporting on market trends, customer needs and competitor activity.
– Develop strategies for products and systems to support opportunities in the market, using such as NBS and BIM.
– Plan, achieve and maintain testing and compliance for our products to ensure that we remain informed and ahead of industry or regulative changes.
– Provide support and training in relation to our products and systems.
– Plan, organise and control product development from conceptual stage through product life cycle to optimise profit, and meet marketing, financial, and corporate growth objectives.
– Provide support and collaborate with the wider team to ensure best practice, embracing our ‘right first time’ initiative.
Personal Characteristics – to succeed will include:
– Must be motivated and driven to succeed, plus the ability to create, develop and lead a specialist team.
– Must be professional, confident, articulate, knowledgeable and willing to impart your knowledge.
– Be able to influence, educate, and promote best practice.
– Support and encourage the growth and development of others.
– Be able to present ideas and collaborate with others to provide solutions.
– Combine technical and selling skills with communication and presentation skills.
– Possess the ability to build strong relationships with different kinds of people.
– Be self-motivated, reliable, and buoyant. Be a team player.
The Company is committed to the principle of equal opportunities and is opposed to any form of unfair discrimination on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex or marital status, disability, sexual orientation, age, religion or belief. Candidates will be chosen on the basis of their ability and suitability for the role.
To make an application, please submit a CV to UK.Recruitment@cpg-europe.com