£45,000 - £50,000 Per Annum
Due to company growth, we are currently looking for a full time Quantity Surveyor based in our Birmingham Office.
We are one of the UK’s leading flat roofing contractors in the Public, Commercial and Industrial sector, providing a complex range of specialist solutions for all roofing needs.
• Prepare and analyse project costings for tenders, such as materials, quantities, labour and time
• Prepare tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities
• Pricing project works in liaison with the Project Managers.
• Negotiate contracts and work schedules
• Undertake cost analysis
• Advise on a procurement strategy
• Identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
• Analyse outcomes and write detailed progress reports
• Maintain awareness of the different building contracts in current use
• Understand the implications of health and safety regulations.
• Liaising with the client, establishing a firm working relationship and ensuring continuous improvement on the contract.
• Dispute management.
• Change management.
• Mentoring and development of QS and Estimating Team
• You will have strong commercial experience within the roofing and/or construction industry
• Relevant Qualifications in Quantity Surveying (HND, HNC, BSc or MSc)
• Competency in computer skills to a high level with knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products particularly Excel and Word.
• You should have a strong focus on Health & Safety and contract compliance with the drive to ensure high safety standards are always maintained.
• Full UK Driving Licence
• A Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience
• Written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write clear reports to convey complex information in a simple way to a diverse range of people
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and develop relationships
• Numerical and data analysis skills
Salary: £45,000.00-£55,000.00 per year
If you would like to apply for this role, please contact our HR department on 01432 354000, option 3 and ask them for an application form.