Technical & CAD Designer
We have a rare and very special opportunity for the right person to join us at Radmat.
Are you an excellent Technical & CAD Designer currently in a role with a flat roofing and/or facades contractor or architectural practice, who personally aspires to flourish elsewhere?
Do you work well with top industry clients to create general arrangement drawings and construction detail drawings in AutoCAD either from home or at client site in the London/Surrey/Hampshire/Berkshire area?
Do you have proven clear and robust communication skills (both verbal and written) that can deliver project winning designs for demanding clients to translate their desire into our designs?
If your answer is YES to all three questions then we want to hear from you. Apply via email to Robin Haynes – Radmat Group Personnel Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with an email that makes us want to read your CV, and a CV that compels us to interview you. As soon as we find the right person, our search will close.
Who are Radmat?
For over 20 years we have worked with the UK’s top architects & main contractors to provide flat roof design solutions for some of the Country’s most prestigious buildings from the Walkie Talkie, the Cheese Grater, Tate and GCHQ to Facebook, Amazon and Google.
Our people, our reputation for quality roofing solutions, and innovations e.g. ProTherm Quantum: the world’s thinnest inverted roof insulation system, have all helped us to become a market leading manufacturer with an enviable reputation for high quality support and service delivery. To support our continued growth and our main contractor and architectural clients’ demands for expert technical, design and specification support we are seeking to recruit a Technical & CAD Designer who ideally lives and will mainly working from home in the London/Surrey/Hampshire/Berkshire area. You will need to travel and work within client teams, as required.
As a Technical & CAD Designer, you will be responsible for:
- Producing bespoke technical detail drawings for projects using AutoCAD
- Updating and creating standard details
- Supporting, understanding and advising architects & main contractor clients during the design process using technical expertise to overcome design issues
- Ensuring compliance with current legislation, standards and codes of practice where appropriate
- Ensuring design information is of the right quality and keeps pace with required timescales
- Working within our Key Accounts team and with Area Technical Managers to deliver an exceptional level of service & support
- Liaising with subcontractors to ensure design drawings are reviewed accordingly
We are looking for candidates who live within a short commuting distance of London and Surrey/Berkshire. You MUST have:
- A strong background in construction within a roofing & facades contractor or architectural practice
- Experience in the production of general arrangement drawings & construction detail drawings in AutoCAD
- Exceptional IT skills including all Microsoft packages
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Exemplary attention to detail
- Full current driving license
In return, we offer you a competitive salary & benefits package including pension with a company car / allowance, 25 days holiday; and private healthcare. You will join a well-established and very successful team who are all based from home and will help you to flourish in your new role!