THE FUTURE OF BCP
Although funding for the Basic Competency Programme (BCP) ceased in August 2019, it is not the end of the training. Given the importance of the programme and the benefits for roofers and manufacturers, we hope that our members continue to promote and deliver the course.
Why Roofing Manufacturers should continue to deliver the BCP
- Quality mark – training is recognised and audited by trade association, supporting quality & competence
- Mapped to National Occupational Standards (NOS)
- Promotes further training & improved quality of installation & workmanship
- Potential to create Manufacturer ‘Short Course’ recognised by CITB with funding for contractors
- Manufacturer could become a CITB Approved Training Organisation (ATO)
- Recognised by CSCS & NFRC Roofcert accreditation
What do manufacturers need to continue to do?
- Continue to promote BCP
- Maintain trainee details by completing the MIS datasheet
- Forward MIS data sheet to trade association each month
- Allow quality inspection by trade association as and when requested