The Specialist Upskilling Programme (SUP) is a collection of short courses. Aimed at both operatives and specialists alike, the short courses are great for filling gaps in knowledge and skills and when combined with a period of assessment can lead to a Level 2 Vocational Qualification (VQ) in Applied Waterproof Membranes-Liquid Roofing.
LRWA Short Courses Available
- Roofing (Liquid) Adhesives, Sealants and Bitumen for Liquid Roofing
- Roofing (Liquid) Balconies, Podiums and Inverted Roof Systems
- Roofing (Liquid) Car Parks, Products and Application Methods
- Roofing (Liquid) Details, Terminations, Flashings, Gutters, Night Seals, Faults and Rectification
- Roofing (Liquid) Environmental and Sustainability for Liquid Roofing
- Roofing (Liquid) Glass Reinforced Polyesters
- Roofing (Liquid) Green Roofs
- Roofing (Liquid) Hot Applied Roof Membranes, Rubberised Bitumen
- Roofing (Liquid) Inspection, Maintenance and Repairs for Liquid Roofing
- Roofing (Liquid) Insulation Calculations, Condensation Risk and Vapour Control Layers
- Roofing (Liquid) Insulation Types and Thermal Properties
- Roofing (Liquid) Introduction to liquid roofing
- Roofing (Liquid) Leak Detection Methods for Liquid Roofing
- Roofing (Liquid) Liquid Applied Membranes Introduction
- Roofing (Liquid) Liquid Spray Systems
- Roofing (Liquid) Polymethyl Methacrylates
- Roofing (Liquid) Preparation of Flat Roofs
- Roofing (Liquid) Project Planning and Preparation
- Roofing (Liquid) Recoating roofs of metal, asbestos, and fibre-cement
- Roofing (Liquid) Resilient Polyesters
- Roofing (Liquid) Roof Felt Products and Application
- Roofing (Liquid) Roof Structures Terminology and Types
- Roofing (Liquid) Rooflights, Maintenance and Waterproofing
- Roofing (Liquid) Silane Terminated Polyethers
- Roofing (Liquid) Single Pack Polyurethanes
- Roofing (Liquid) Tapered Insulation Systems
- Roofing (Liquid) Two Pack Polyurethanes and Flexible Polyesters
How Long Does a Short Course Last?
Short courses vary in length from half day, full day to two-three days and can be delivered at one of LRWA’s approved training facilities or at client’s premises subject to a risk assessment by LRWA. Minimum numbers are required to deliver these courses.
When combined with a period of on site assessment, the time taken to gain a Level 2 NVQ Waterproofing – Liquid Roofing should be between 3 and 9 months. Operatives will then be able to apply for a blue Skilled Worker CSCS card which demonstrates your competence to work on site.
How Much Does it Cost?
This will depend on the short courses selected. CITB grant funding is available for registered companies.
What Does it Include?
Practical training will be done on model roofs/rigs and the knowledge will be covered using various means such as learning packages and resources, lectures and self-study.
Is a Short Course Right for Me?
Short courses are aimed at Liquid installers who have been working in the trade for a period of time but are in need of extra training to become competent at Level 2 VQ. The likely audiences are:
- Experienced installers who are currently working on site in the market and require training in order to become competent across all of the mandatory units specific to Liquid Roofing.
- Improvers and roofing assistants who are used to working within install teams and wish to take the next step to becoming competent crafts people.
- Installers who are returning to the trade after a gap of several years, and who need refresher training on one or more of the mandatory units.
- Specifiers, managers, inspectors and others looking to broaden their knowledge of specific aspects of liquid roofing
- For operatives wishing to achieve the VQ, a LRWA qualified assessor will conduct a short interview and complete a skills scan with the learner to establish where the gaps are in relation to the Liquid Roofing VQ and recommend a training and assessment package.
Benefits of the Short Courses
- Training is directed at individual’s need and is tailored to allow workforce to learn in areas complimentary to existing skills
- Gaps in knowledge identified to create personal training programme
- Varied training delivery situations to suit candidate’s needs
- Delivers knowledge at a personal level to improve competency, knowledge and understanding
- Some funding available for CITB registered companies
- Level 2 VQ ‘Applied Waterproof Membranes -Liquid Roofing’ for operatives combining with on-site assessment
- Access to a blue Skilled Worker CSCS card for operatives
Contact LRWA on 0333 9874581 or email@example.com for more information.