Developed in conjunction with the CITB, CSCS, CPD and the Roofing Industry Alliance, the LRWA’s range of roofing and construction related training and education courses and online content are designed to make it as simple as possible for specifiers and employers to attain the necessary skill levels and knowledge for their workers.
The achievement of vocational qualifications in Liquid Roofing & Waterproofing is supported by this organisation
Our bespoke training courses offer many benefits:
- Tailor-made options to suit particular operative requirements
- Flexibility to integrate training within everyday work activities
- A clear, defined route towards achieving NVQ qualifications and the blue CSCS ‘Skilled Worker’ card
- Enables workers to get back to site quickly and easily
- Backing from established national qualifications bodies
- Access to substantial grants to help minimise costs
We are very proud of our Specialist Applied-skills Programme (SAP) which is the equivalent of an apprenticeship for our sector. It was developed to train future roofers in how to expertly install liquid waterproofing systems.
The course covers all aspects of roofing but with a particular emphasis on liquid applications and the technical and practical aspects of using the differing chemistries within the liquid roofing industry.
The course also includes all the relevant health and safety issues associated with roofing, basic first aid, scaffold safety, and asbestos awareness.
The LRWA course consists of approximately 20 days of classroom/workshop instruction over a period of 18 months with the remaining instruction completed on site. On completion of the SAP each candidate will achieve an NVQ Level 2 qualification, which will enable them to obtain a CSCS card.