What is LRWA SAP?
The LRWA SAP is a fully grant aided 18-month training programme that leads to a Level 2 Vocational Qualification (NVQ) in Liquid Applied Roofing. The course consists of 12 months classroom and practical training followed by a 6-month period of on-site assessment. Once completed each candidate will achieve an NVQ Level 2 qualification.
Who is eligible for SAP?
Those new to the industry or with little experience who have:
- A full contract of direct employment with a CITB English, Scottish or Welsh registered company and are resident in England, Scotland or Wales
- Are over the age of 16 prior to the registration date of the scheme
LRWA training is available to members and non-members.
NOTE: applicants are not eligible for a CITB grant if they have been on a previous CITB grant assisted apprenticeship.
The Benefits of SAP?
- LRWA specialist trainer with small groups
- Short bursts of off-site training spread over 18-months
- Funding for CITB registered companies
- Level 2 NVQ ‘Liquid applied roofing’
- Access to a CSCS card
- A sound basis for a safe and successful career in liquid roofing
LRWA SAP Course Covers:
- Sector Background & Liquid overview
- Health & Safety
- Manual handling
- Roof Structures
- Liquid applied membranes
- Poly Methyl Methacrylates (PMMA)
- Vehicle, asbestos awareness and waste management
- Details, terminations and fault rectification
- Tapered Insulation systems
- Felt products
- Hot rubberised bitumen
- Insulation calculations, condensation & vapour control
- Balconies, podiums and inverted roofs
- Environment & sustainability
- Green roofs
- Project planning
- Solar panels
Where does training take place?
We currently have five CITB approved training centres in Tyne & Wear, West Midlands, Hertfordshire, Suffolk, South Wales and are looking at a further location in Yorkshire for 2021. Trainees come from across Great Britain and therefore we select the centre that is most convenient for the majority of trainees.
How do I apply?
Email LRWA at firstname.lastname@example.org with your contact details and potential trainee details. LRWA will be in contact to profile the trainee and ensure that SAP is the correct training course for them.
Additional CITB funding available to offset employer costs
The employer pays £1410 but can claim £1850 in CITB funding making it cost neutral.