Listed below are the latest jobs posted by our LRWA members.
Area Sales Manager
9th May 2021
Here at Sika, we believe we know quite a bit about roofing in the Refurbishment sector, and quite a bit around what our customers want from us, and what they want from you! We also believe that if we work with good people, and invest in them, then we get great people, and they intern will attract great people, making an organisation that thrives!
The opportunities now created are to build on our heritage and success, and to drive our ambition, and yours to be the best.
So, as an Area Technical Manager within Sika Roofing, you could, take this opportunity to be part of the most ambitious change we have probably ever undertaken. Supporting Sika’s move in the market to sell the wide portfolio of technical roofing solutions into the Refurbishment sectors. You will have the potential to build and execute your own growth plan, and use the high innovation capability, technical strength, and utilise our world class R&D support in Liquid Membranes, Bituminous products, and Single Ply membranes. under the world class brands of Sarnafil, Sika Liquid Plastics and SikaBit.
This opportunity is field based, we have vacancies covering the Midlands Regions with our Regional Sales Managers for Refurbishment. As part of the team, you will learn about specific requirements customers have, and collaborate on the solutions. Support our valued network of customers who use Sika products, because they are fully knowledgeable in the choice and efficiency offered by the Sika Roofing concept, whilst continuing to provide ongoing project support and guidance.
Sika manufacture and develop a wide portfolio of quality, industrial and commercial roofing membranes, suitable for a wide range of applications. In the UK we have offices in Welwyn Garden City, Preston, and Leeds designed with training academies to support your growth, development and potential.
If you want to be part of our history, be inspired to succeed, and inspire others to thrive, then maybe this is for you.
Design roofs, and specify solutions to a wide range of clients, technical experts, architects, and contractors, in the markets of Roofing New Build
Strive to achieve your goals, and build upon great relationships
Support new market opportunities, new product opportunities for new and existing markets
Influence a variety of activities to educate, and promote existing and new products to target audiences and maintain and develop relationships with the key decision makers within the Roofing markets
Support other areas of the business and collaborate if they identify related opportunities through their contacts and customers
WORKING HOURS: Field-based, 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday
To be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who:
Looking for an opportunity to take Sika Roofing to the next level
Has experience of specification sales market ideally within the roofing or construction markets and current technologies
Proven record in and understanding of construction and specification related sales
Recognises interpersonal dynamics and their effect on negotiations
Demonstrates technical acumen
Can develop a strategic plan and interpret financial data
Combines selling skills with communication and presentation skills
Looks to solve problems and find solutions
Is self-motivated, resilient, and self-reliant
Can build strong relationships with different kinds of people
Can utilise sales databased to create opportunities
South, South East region & London
16th Apr 2021
The Field Technician will offer technical support to Moy’s approved contractors and extended customer base including, but not limited to surveyors, architects, main contractors, local councils and clients.
This will include site visitation to assess pre-contract, during contract and post completion conditions. Technical support may be given in the form of verbal communication, written reports or training either on site or at a Moy training centre.
The Field Technician will work closely with the Area Technical Manager’s and Regional Sales Team Manager and directly report to the Technical Manager for the UK.
The Field technician will communicate with the Moy approved contractors and clients to ensure the waterproofing systems and components are being installed as per the specification and standards. Where upskilling is required you will offer the necessary training to the contractor and carry this out as per Moy recommendations.
The role will involve communication and collaboration with the Area Technical Managers, within the designated area.
• Offer technical support to all contractors and clients.
• Carry out training /upskilling where required.
• Assist the Area Technical Manager with surveys and core sampling.
• Ensure the projects are installed to the specification and correct standard required to receive a guarantee.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Supporting the sales team with technical promotion of our complete range of products to Architects, Specifiers, Engineers, Building Surveyors and Roofing Contractors.
• Manage the upkeep of site reporting within the companies CRM system.
• Completing Roof Condition Surveys and regular in progress site inspections. Issuing full accurate reports to relevant contractors and Area Technical Managers on time
Attend Prestart and progress meetings on major projects.
• Perform customer installation training, product launch demonstrations and general technical demonstrations at trade shows.
• Perform staff training on the installation of existing and new product ranges.
• As part of team, input and communication to review the sales and technical support activity as an asset to grow market share.
• Report weekly activity to the Technical Manager UK.
• Communicate with and arrange to meet contractors for joint site inspections.
You will be required to be flexible in this position and must be prepared to undertake such other
work as may be assigned to you by the Company from time to time.
• Full UK driving license.
• Good communication and understanding of geographical area to be covered.
• Diary planning, arrangement and good time keeping.
• Knowledge of Roofing systems including Single Ply membranes, RBM, Liquid & Hot Melt.
• Must be able to read and understand specifications and conditions reports.
• Must be able to write reports, insert photography and use Word Document software.
• Must be able to communicate via email and telephone.
Any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as maybe required.
TBA dependent on experience
23rd Apr 2021
The candidate will be within 2 hours of our Training Academy at our Flint Headquarters on the Flintshire / Cheshire border. (Would suit a Northern / Midlands / North Wales based individual). The role involves delivery of our specialist contractor training courses for our liquid applied roofing systems. The position will involves managing and delivering courses both at Flint and then follow up training and site support at other locations.
Polyroof is part of the Roberts Group a fast-growing family owned group of businesses producing liquid applied roofing products and ancillaries. We have been operating from our base in Flint, North Wales since 1984. Our products are now supplied to both the UK and international roofing markets. The high quality of products and services has been at the core of our company values since the outset and remains our priority to this day. The valued workforce is a key factor to our success and our future plans for the business provide excellent opportunities for employees.
- Responsible for managing training delivery to new and existing installers of Polyroof Advanced Liquid roofing system.
- Upskilling all liquid waterproofing installers in conjunction with our continual improvement model and LRWA best practices.
- Providing demonstration delivery at both in house and off-site locations including demo days, product launches, contractor product and system launches.
- Responsible for updating training presentations & product & system applications
- Ensuring that training is relevant and well communicated to a wide range of individuals ranging from site operatives to estimators and contracts managers and training needs and requirements are met.
- Take ownership of the training centre including ensuring compliance with health and safety and ensuring a tidy and clean working environment is maintained.
- Maintaining all training stocks both in the training academy and in the van.
- Ensuring our products and brands are promoted the advantages and highlight the benefits of our systems.
- Developing training models and samples to showcase the systems.
Key Skills for the Role
- Experience in installing a variety of liquid waterproofing systems in both practical and theory.
- Great communicator with the ability to engage and build rapport with installers and others.
- Ability to present using IT such as PowerPoint and online learning methods.
- Able to prioritise work load and plan efficiently for the needs of the business.
- Self-motivated but also have the skills to communicate and engage within a team environment.
- Have a pro-active approach and a vision to continually strive to push forward training delivery
- To have the ability to deliver training to the different sectors of the business.
- Flexible and have the ability to undertake site support if required along with the ability to implement written documentation.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Based within 2 hours of HQ in Flint, Flintshire. (Ideally North West / Midlands / North Wales based).
Salary dependant on experience, Van, Phone
How to apply:
Send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org