LRWA AWARDS FINALISTS REVEALED FOR 2023
The finalists of the Liquid Roofing and Waterproofing Association (LRWA) Awards 2023 have been announced.
A total of 20 projects have been shortlisted by an independent judging panel, including specifiers and technical experts. Spanning four categories, the finalists were selected based on strict criteria, including project complexity, standard of workmanship, evidence of problem solving, and aesthetics. The names of the contractor and manufacturer in each entry were also omitted prior to judging.
The winners will be announced at a gala dinner on 22 March 2023 at the Titanic Hotel in Liverpool’s Stanley Dock. Backed by several supporters, including headline sponsor, Proteus Waterproofing, the event is set to be the LRWA’s biggest yet with the venue increasing capacity to meet the high demand for tickets.
The gala dinner will also recognise the talents of individuals with awards for Trainer of the Year, and Student of the Year, as well as a Chairman’s Recognition Award for a special contribution to the liquid roofing and waterproofing industry.
Sarah Spink, CEO of the LRWA, said: “We received a great spread of projects this year across every category, showcasing how versatile liquids are across sectors ranging from residential through to healthcare. The complexity of the work delivered was particularly impressive, demonstrating the skills of roofing contractors across the UK and their commitment to delivering the highest standards for their clients.
“We are really looking forward to revealing the winners in March and celebrating the quality, professionalism and workmanship that is at the heart of our industry and making it so successful.
“With such strong competition this year, all those shortlisted should be very proud of their achievement and we wish them all the best of luck.”
The finalists for the 2023 LRWA awards are:
Liquid Roofing Project of the Year <1000m2:
- Netherdale Stand: Kemper System and Concrete Repairs
- Princes Street: Moy, and Roof Linings and Cladding
- Radio City Tower: Proteus Waterproofing and Orb Rope Access
- Walter Halls Primary School: Triflex, and NRA Roofing and Flooring Services
- Winslade House: WestWood Liquid Technologies and Progressive Coatings
Liquid Roofing Project of the Year >1000m2:
- The Main Stand Cheltenham Racecourse: Makers Construction and Polyroof
- GSK Maidenhead: Sika and Mitie Roofing
- Hays Galleria: Proteus Waterproofing and Millane Contract Services
- Host Helix Student Accommodation: Polyroof and Tower Asphalt
- Kings Court: WestWood Liquid Technologies and Protec Roofing
Liquid Roofing Project of the Year in a Buried Application:
- Amazon, Swindon: IKO and Briggs Amasco
- Great Western Hospital: IKO and Central Roofing South Wales
- Le Clos Mourant Social Housing: Triflex and Rateavon Jersey
- Porteus Place: Proteus Waterproofing and Millane Contract Services
- Wellington Close: Moy and Plan Construction Solutions
Liquid Waterproofing Project of the Year:
- Durham Railway Station Walkway: WestWood Liquid Technologies and Everlast Rail
- Ikea Car Park, Reading: Makers Construction and Triflex
- Middleborough Multi-Storey Car Park: Makers Construction and Triflex
- Rhondda Heritage Park – Terrace: Polyroof and RM Polymers
- Tesco Car Park, Chester: WestWood Liquid Technologies and Mulberry GBC
The winners of the Trainer of the Year, Student of the Year, and Chairman’s Recognition Award will be announced on 22 March 2023.
As well as a winner for each project category, there will be a highly commended award.
For ticket information, please visit: www.lrwa.org.uk